IEF’s Diverse Funding Sources
IEF is able to advance the treatment and prevention of blindness through the ongoing generosity of individual donors and the trust that institutional grantors demonstrate in our ability to affect change in developing nations across the world. Some of our diverse funding sources appear in this list below.
You can help too, with an Online Donation. Donations to the IEF are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The IEF is an IRS 501(c)3 organization.
- Public support through an active mail program
- Annual Fund Drive
- Corporate and foundation grants
- Workplace campaigns such as United Way and the Combined Federal Campaign, administered through Global Impact
- IEF’s Eye Ball®, a charity gala held in Washington, D.C.
- Wine Tasting events
- Membership income from the Society of Eye Surgeons (SES)
- Support of optometric specialists
IEF’s Financial Information
You may review IEF’s financial information by checking IEF’s IRS Form 990 and Annual Audit for fiscal years 2014, 2013, and 2012.